Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mrs. Morticia

Growing up the Adams family was one of my favourite shows in the whole wide world! Morticia inspired me with her style and now, I'm giving you the "how to" on her makeup.

Here's a picture to give you an idea of what we're doing here:





The eyes :


Step 1: You're going to prep the eyelid with concealer (as usual)
Doing this is going to make the black eyeshadow show up better against the silver base.



Step 2: Next, you're going to apply the base (beautiful susan)
I didn't get a chance to take a picture of this step but I did happen to take a picture of the product I'm using. Anyway, Using your fluffy medium sized makeup brush you're going to apply the silver base all over the eyelid and even beneath the eyebrow bone. The silver will also act as your highlight.






Step 3: For the main part of this look I used a matte black eyeshadow to go along with the silver. Not many people choose to use a blending brush for this application but I chose to because it really smooths out the eyeshadow and makes the look even more beautiful than it would be with a regular eyeshadow brush.
You'll apply this in the crease of the eyelid and fan it out on the top and on the outer corner of the eye.


Step 4: The eyeliner. I chose to use my usual liquid eyeliner. Only apply a thin line to the upper eyelid. On the lower lid I used an eyeliner brush to gently apply a thin black line. I gently dipped the brush in a tad bit of water, then I swirled it around in the matte black eyeshadow that I used for my main color.



Step 5: For mascara I applied it to my upper and lower lash lines for a dark , dramatic effect.

The face:

Step 1: Morticia seems to like the combination of black and red so I decided to use a light red blush by bare minerals called Papaya. I dusted the blush over the apple of my cheeks using a fluffy medium sized face brush.



Step 2: For the lips I chose to use a light red since that's the color morticia wears 24/7. The lipstick came from Estee Lauder and I forgot to look at the name of the shade.

Step 3: Naturally I have blonde eyebrows but since I was doing the morticia eyeshadow look I had to go over my blonde eyebrows with a black eyeliner pencil. Yes, A BLACK EYELINER PENCIL. Honestly, it's no different from a black eyebrow pencil. I carefully transformed my blonde eyebrows to black eyebrows.


Fun with the morticia makeup look <3 :




No comments:

Post a Comment